Saturday, April 24, 2010

Luperon people are used to cruisers, integrate them easily and spot the new ones really fast...on the second day of our stay, a woman came to me and asked how I liked Luperon and the Dominican republic...she has seen me and Heiner yesterday at the local bar. Yaquelina had a list of services that she offered, hair cuts, massages, laundry, and even tried to get a bottom cleaning job for her brother. She sized me up, and I had to agree with her that I did need a hair cut..she took me by the hand, and brought me to her home. This was reminiscent of my cuban experience...people have to survive and are not shy to tell you so! Anyhow, here I was sitting on her veranda, being the object of curiosity for the neighbours, being looked at by all the ninos around...it was fun and my haircut was refreshed!




We met our French friends on Jemangia, Stephen, Karine, and Morgann and the little Juliette! We spent time with them on their boat, Karine had made nice pizzas! Nathalie, a long time Luperon cruiser (since June) on s/v Ptit Louis joined us and gave us precious knowledge on Luperon and the DR! We needed to order a fuel pump and she gave us a couple of tips how and where to order.



Life is good in Republica Dominicana...Brugal rum, great pineapples, and friendships!

No comments: