Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ready to paint and to install  - rebuilding our Volvo MD 11D engine



I have all parts in place and the valves seats and valves have been reground.  And I have a pretty good understanding about the measurements I have to take when reassembling the engine. 




But before I procced with the installation I want to paint the parts .... and for that I have to wait for warmer weather.

So, if anyone wants to know the outcome of my engine overhaul, well, you have to wait a while and come back and check the entries.

Let's hope for an early spring!

In the meantime I will start on another project:  a dinghy cover!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..you are doing an amzing job! Excellent info!

Heiner and Marleyne said...

happy that it is helpfull, I wished I had this knowledge a while ago